Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Perfectionist therapy

So since this project is nearly completed, I felt the need to make some actually informative posts about what I've learned/want to continue learning during this project :) I heard about this book a few days ago and it sounded most fantastical and terrifying to my OCD like tendencies, but in a self-helpful way and so to truly learn more about my "this must be PERFECT" habits, I wanted to recieve this book in time to do a few pages for my presentation, but in case I do not, which would be very tragically saddening, here is the basic summary and why I think this book would be helpful. The title of this book is WRECK THIS JOURNAL. You are meant to literally wreck this book :) each page has  different instructions on it which you have to follow, all leading to creatively destroying this journal in your own indivual way :) I am incredibly OCD with books so doing things like stabbing pencils through a page, spilling tea/coffee on one page and the most horror filled page of all...CRACKING THE SPINE :S This book is meant to make you let go of being a perfectionist and find the beauty and art in the creative destruction of the journal :) In case I do not get it, here is the video I first heard about this from in case you are at all interested in viewing, though I doubt anyone will get through the whole 15 minute video though I actually hope you do because it is a wonderfully entertaining video that tells about this book much better than my words. 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cLv-Tcm5w

No comments:

Post a Comment