Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Design updates

hello dolls :) I am fully realized that blogging on this blog has not been extremely regular...unlike my other blog where I post almost daily :p so itsy bitsy project update :) I am currently 5 designs away from finishing the rough draft portion of this project and hopefully am not changing them again :) I might add a slight steampunk feel to some of them though, because I've been extremely into that lately. For those of who who have never heard of steampunk, it's a movie/book/entertainment/fashion style set in a alternate version of the 1800's where electricity was never invented so they have to rely on gears and machines to fuel their everyday life. I have also decided on a name for my design collection :) CELEBRATE FOR MOI :) I'm most likely calling it the pie lady after Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd :)  She's possibly one of my favourite movie characters I've ever seen, so I really want to embody how layered her character was in my designs. I've also changed how many dresses I'm making from 13 to one so I can completely focus on making it perf perf :) While this collection is based off of stereotypical horror movie characters (the teen vogue young hollywood photo shoot), I'm not making them movie costumes. I want to take the character each dress is based on and make it into a 3-D personality that you can see by looking at the dresses :) I don't want someone to look at them and just know what character each is based off of. I really want you to have to think about it and decide for yourselves :) I just really want this collection to play a movie in your mind :) hopefully by next week I'll be mostly done with my final drafts and working on a dress pattern :) I need to be done the drawings at least before the middle of november when I'll start getting more into christmas and away from halloween which is more of a inspiration for my collection than christmas is :) I'll post some pictures of the finished designs later, hopefully when they're all done and bootiful :3 Tim burton is a huge inspiration for my designs too :) I love the weird and terrifying but deadly beautiful atmosphere he creates in his films :) The first movie I can ever remember truly loving to the point of self defence was one of his movies when I was 8, so that kind of started my obsession with movies and fashion and really just creative things and the dark and creepy in general :) I have only actually hated one of his movies and I don't even blame him for that trainwreck on film  so WHATEVS :)


1 comment: